As a wealth advisor at Dechtman Wealth Management, Sam is committed to always doing what is best for the client.
Sam began his career working at large international asset manager in Chicago assisting clients with investment analysis, portfolio construction, and retirement income strategies. During that time, Sam would receive the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, signaling mastery in all areas of financial planning.
After a few years, Sam decided to pursue has true passion and become a wealth advisor, where he would have the opportunity to develop deeper relationships with his clients and have a more significant impact on their lives.
As a wealth advisor at Dechtman Wealth Management, Sam assists clients in the areas of financial planning, investment management, and retirement planning. His approach begins by listening to the client’s goals and dreams to gain an understanding of what is important to them. He then analyzes their financial situation and develops a highly personalized strategy to help them achieve their goals. As a fiduciary, advice is always given in the client’s best interest.
Sam is an active member of the Financial Planning Association and Financial Services Institute. Sam also writes articles about wealth management topics for CNBC, Nasdaq, and Investopedia, where he is listed as a Premier Advisor. His articles are sent to their 25 million users and answers questions related to financial, investment, and retirement planning.
Sam holds a BBA, Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is an avid UW sports fan. In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, hiking, basketball, and attending Colorado Rockies games.
Get to know Sam
- Originally from: Greenwood Village, Colorado
- Favorite quote: What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve
- Best piece of financial advice received: "The market is the most efficient mechanism anywhere in the world for transferring wealth from impatient people to patient people" by Warren Buffett
- Hobbies: Basketball, Golf, Reading, Hiking, and going to Coors Field for a Rockies Game
- Favorite food: Sushi
- What motivates Sam: Family
- Place Sam would most like to visit: Thailand
- Favorite Book: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Something on Sam's bucket list: Play golf at Augusta National (where the Master's is played)
- Biggest accomplishment: Earning the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation